Sunday, June 6, 2010

Spaghetti Sauce

Back in the day, I always made spaghetti sauce from scratch. Now I've gotten lazy and use bottled sauce that I doctor up a bit with extra seasoning. I used to make 2-3times this recipe when the boys were lean, mean, eating machines! This recipe is enough for one dinner for the two of us with lots of left-overs, which is how my husband likes it!

1 lb. ground beef
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 8 oz. can tomato paste
Seasoning:
1 T minced onion
1 T parsley flakes
1 T cornstarch
1 clove garlic, minced (more if you love garlic!)
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. basil

Brown hamburger. Drain fat if there is any. Add remaining ingredients and stir together well. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Makes 4-6 servings.

I like to put this in a crockpot in the morning and cook on low all day. Makes the house smell yummmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment