I got this recipe from my sister Nola in the 70's. I'm giving the recipe just as it is on the recipe card. When I make this recipe, I tweak it a little bit. I use bottled spaghetti sauce instead of the mix and tomato sauce and I don't add the water. When I do this, I measure 15 oz which is just under two cups.
1 lb. hamburger
1 onion, chopped
1 packet spaghetti sauce mix
15 oz. tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
8 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
Brown hamburger & onions. Add spaghetti sauce (bottled or mix, sauce & water). Simmer 10 minutes. Pour into baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.(9 X 9) Top with cheese.
Batter
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 T oil
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
Mix together and pour over meat sauce.
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
I made this for dinner tonight and used gluten-free flour. Dad couldn't tell the difference!
okay mom. i love that you are doing this. but i have never eaten either of those dinners! but am totally excited to try them. so now you need to post your pasta salad, potatoe salad and sgetti sauce!!!!
ReplyDeleteYOUR MEMORY IS NOT AS GOOD AS YOU THINK! YES, YOU HAVE EATEN THESE DISHES...BUT PROBABLY TOO YOUNG TO REMEMBER.
ReplyDeleteokay you are probably right but that is not my fault. i was too young! hahah
ReplyDelete